The Chicago Estonian House is a cultural center that promotes Estonian culture, language and history and serves as a meeting place for people of Estonians heritage and friends of Estonia.
The Estonian House is ideal for business groups, concerts, stage performances, retreats, seminars, workshops and celebrations of all kinds.
“The Chicago Estonian House presents a unique and affordable rental opportunity for your event. The building and the surrounding carefully tended park is a multi-functional and modern facility, both family and corporate friendly, easily accessible with plentiful parking, and gated access to the Des Plaines River Walk. Our dedicated management will do its utmost to ensure that your event is exactly the way you envisioned it. Give us a call today to reserve a date!”
Board Member of the Chicago Estonian House
- An auditorium with floor-to-ceiling picture windows overlooking the beautiful grounds seating 180 provides a surprisingly intimate environment that is both private and elegant.
- It has a stage, a hardwood dance floor and removable seating as well as a mezzanine level overlooking the dance floor and stage
- The stage has tile floor, adjacent green room, and lighting
- A lobby and a reception area with coat racks
- Wood-paneled spacious dining room (separate from the auditorium) that seats 45
- Additional light-filled comfortable break-out room
- Two full kitchens: one by the dining room and the other by the auditorium come with service windows for the dining room and the auditorium
- Plates and cutlery for 100 people
- A movable podium for the stage or floor
- A bar setup available on the mezzanine level in the rear of the auditorium
- Easy access to an outdoor paved terrace
- Building surrounded by 3.5 acre landscaped park bordering the Des Plaines River
- Beach volleyball court
- Children’s play area
- Picnic tables (8), each comfortably seating 6-8
- Plentiful tended lawn for outdoor ceremonies
- Fire pit and combination charcoal/propane barbecue
- Gated access to the 28-mile long Des Plaines River Trail for biking and hiking
- Friendly management, respectful of your event and ready to accommodate special requests
- Parking for 70 cars
- Handicapped accessible incl. restrooms
- Liquor, beer and wine on premises through the facility’s license
- Note: Municipal restrictions: alcohol service ends 10pm; event guests need to depart by 11pm
- Rental start at $1500, please call for details
- All bookings are subject to availability, the facility policies and rental terms
- Special pricing for nonprofit organizations
- A booking deposit, a security, a bartending and a (refundable) damage deposit required at the time of booking
- Balance due 10 days prior to the event
Please contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 720-378-6642, if you have any questions or would like to tour the facility.
The Chicago Estonian House in Riverwoods, IL, has plenty of space and a number of options for you.